Candied Edible Flowers
To coat the flower petals with the sugar mixture, I use a kids' paint brush. I've also frozen some of the sugared blooms after they've dried to use at a later date.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
Makes40-50 candied flowers
- 2 teaspoons meringue powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 40 to 50 edible blossoms or flower petals of your choice, such as pansies, edible orchids or rose petals
- 1-1/4 cups superfine sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve meringue powder in water. Lightly brush over all sides of flowers to coat completely. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Let dry on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet for 1-2 days. Use as a garnish for dessert.
Editor's Note: Meringue powder is available from Wilton Industries, Inc. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com. Verify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Editor's NoteVerify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.