Candied Cherry Hermits
Candied cherries give traditional spice hermit cookies a new taste twist. They're so moist and chewy it's hard to eat just one.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 3/4 cup candied cherries, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, raisins and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 191 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Candied Cherry Hermits in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.