For a special presentation, I sprinkle a serving tray with crushed almonds, lay these strawberries on top and garnish them with mint leaves. —Laura McAllister, Morganton, North Carolina
Featured In: 14 Chocolate-Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 60 fresh strawberries (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups honey-roasted almonds
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process to desired fineness. Transfer to a shallow bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; add cayenne and stir until smooth. Dip strawberries in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll berries in almonds; place on waxed paper and let stand until set. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Candied-Almond Chocolate Strawberries in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p54
Reviews forCandied-Almond Chocolate Strawberries
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2014
"love them. this is a great recipe that i will use over and over again. would be great with white chocolate or even make then two tone with white and darl"