Candied-Almond Chocolate Strawberries
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + standing
- 60 fresh strawberries (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups honey-roasted almonds
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process to desired fineness. Transfer to a shallow bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; add cayenne and stir until smooth. Dip strawberries in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll berries in almonds; place on waxed paper and let stand until set. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 dipped strawberry: 52 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Feb 3, 2014
love them. this is a great recipe that i will use over and over again. would be great with white chocolate or even make then two tone with white and darl
Feb 16, 2012
My husband loved them. I added a tiny bit of water when it was too thick. I used the leftover chocolate on pretzels and it was excellent. SUPER easy!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.