Candidate’s Choice Short Ribs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + simmering Broil: 10 min.
- 5 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain ribs; place on a broiler pan. Brush with some of the barbecue sauce. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes on each side or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 348 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Jun 10, 2015
Everyone really liked this one! Will be making this again soon, but want to try it on the grill!
Dec 20, 2008
I clicked to this one because it listed the time as 20 minutes...NOT! Try 1 to 2 hours... That really should be listed on the main listing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.