Candidate’s Choice Short Ribs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + simmering Broil: 10 min.
- 5 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain ribs; place on a broiler pan. Brush with some of the barbecue sauce. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes on each side or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 348 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 10, 2015
Everyone really liked this one! Will be making this again soon, but want to try it on the grill!
Dec 20, 2008
I clicked to this one because it listed the time as 20 minutes...NOT! Try 1 to 2 hours... That really should be listed on the main listing.