When the holidays roll around, I'd rather spend time with family and friends than be stuck in the kitchen. So I've come to rely on easy-to-fix recipes like this. No one can resist Canadian bacon and apples coated with a brown sugar glaze. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Featured In: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large unpeeled red apple
- 1 large unpeeled green apple
- 1 pound sliced Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- In a large skillet, mix brown sugar, lemon juice and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cut each apple into 16 wedges; add to brown sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat until apples are tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove apples to a platter with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Add bacon to skillet; cook over medium heat, turning once, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to platter. Pour remaining brown sugar mixture over apples and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Canadian Bacon With Apples in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p8