Canadian Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 30 to 35 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 pound Jones Canadian Bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, bacon, red pepper, onion, salt and pepper in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheeses. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon of filling.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 34 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 1, 2011
OMG! My sister made these for my dad's birthday and they were soooo addictive! YUMMY! :)
Dec 4, 2010
made this more then once. they were a hit at Thanksgiving! juicy and delicious!
Oct 13, 2010
I make this for my husband and I at least twice a month. This is one of the best stuffed mushrooms that I have ever tried. We use the goat cheese to make it (which I didn't think I'd like) but it tastes so good. We've even made the stuffing part of the mushroom and put it over the top of baked chicken :)
Mar 24, 2009
These sound heavenly, I can't wait to try them
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.