Canadian Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 30 to 35 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 pound Jones Canadian Bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, bacon, red pepper, onion, salt and pepper in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheeses. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon of filling.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 34 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 1, 2011
OMG! My sister made these for my dad's birthday and they were soooo addictive! YUMMY! :)
Dec 4, 2010
made this more then once. they were a hit at Thanksgiving! juicy and delicious!
Oct 13, 2010
I make this for my husband and I at least twice a month. This is one of the best stuffed mushrooms that I have ever tried. We use the goat cheese to make it (which I didn't think I'd like) but it tastes so good. We've even made the stuffing part of the mushroom and put it over the top of baked chicken :)
Mar 24, 2009
These sound heavenly, I can't wait to try them