- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 4 ounces Jones Canadian Bacon, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Gradually add cottage cheese, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In large skillet, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until golden brown. Stir in Canadian bacon, pepper and remaining salt. Remove from heat; add eggs and cheddar cheese. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCanadian Bacon Onion Quiche
"This was delicious! I added an extra egg and used 7 oz of canadian bacon. There was not one little crumb left."
"hands down the tastiest quiche I have ever had! Delicious! Note - I added an extra egg"
"This was great! I used 4 eggs & added parsley. I added some garlic to the onions. The flavor was very rich! I think I might even add another egg next time. I served this with steamed broccoli & fresh fruit for dinner."
"This was great! I used 4 eggs & added parsley. I added some garlic to the onions. The flavor was very rich! I think I might even add another egg next time & maybe some veggies like roasted red pepper. I served this with steamed broccoli & fresh fruit for dinner."
"Was very good but a little dry. When I make it again I will increase the eggs to 4. I used white onions and they turned out great. My husband even liked it and he is very picky. The crust was very tasty."
"I'm surprised there is no milk or cream in this recipe. I'm following the recipe,anyway.Joanne"