- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 4 ounces Jones Canadian Bacon, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Gradually add cottage cheese, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In large skillet, saute onions in remaining butter until golden brown. Stir in the Canadian bacon, pepper and remaining salt. Remove from the heat; add eggs and cheddar cheese. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCanadian Bacon Onion Quiche
"hands down the tastiest quiche I have ever had! Delicious! Note - I added an extra egg"
"This was great! I used 4 eggs & added parsley. I added some garlic to the onions. The flavor was very rich! I think I might even add another egg next time. I served this with steamed broccoli & fresh fruit for dinner."
"This was great! I used 4 eggs & added parsley. I added some garlic to the onions. The flavor was very rich! I think I might even add another egg next time & maybe some veggies like roasted red pepper. I served this with steamed broccoli & fresh fruit for dinner."
"Was very good but a little dry. When I make it again I will increase the eggs to 4. I used white onions and they turned out great. My husband even liked it and he is very picky. The crust was very tasty."
"I'm surprised there is no milk or cream in this recipe. I'm following the recipe,anyway.Joanne"