Canadian Bacon Hash Brown Quiche
Gluten-free and perfect for brunch, this hash brown-crusted quiche is filled with Canadian Bacon and lots of cheddar cheese.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hr. 10 min.
- 4 cups loosely packed frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 (6 oz) package Jones Dairy Farm Canadian bacon, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Press thawed hash browns onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie dish. Bake until lightly golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spread chopped Canadian bacon, scallions and cheese on bottom of cooled crust. In large mixing bowl or measuring cup, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, milk, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg until well combined. Pour egg mixture evenly over filling and crust.
- Bake until center has puffed up and eggs are set, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting and serving. Garnish with fresh thyme.
Originally published as Canadian Bacon Hash Brown Qucihe in Jones Dairy Farm
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.