Canadian Bacon Breakfast
These pretty puffs are not only a complete breakfast in one, they're also an attractive addition to your breakfast table.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices Jones Canadian Bacon or thinly sliced ham
- 1 thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Combine mustard and honey; spread 1 tablespoon on each muffin half. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add Canadian bacon and heat through; remove to paper towels to drain. Cook apple slices in the drippings until tender. Arrange bacon on muffins; top with apple slices. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in cheese and paprika; spread over apples. Broil muffins until puffed and golden brown.
Originally published as Canadian Bacon Breakfast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.