- 8 frozen waffles
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese blend
- 8 slices Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 teaspoon salt, coarse ground
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet, set aside.
- Lightly toast frozen waffles, just enough to thaw them through. Place waffles on prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon sauce over each waffle and sprinkle with cheese. Top with Canadian Bacon, red onion and black pepper. Bake in preheated oven until cheese has melted and waffles are golden brown around edges, about 15 minutes.
- While waffles cook, heat large skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon butter. Once melted and hot, crack 4 eggs into skillet and cook sunny side up until whites are opaque and yolks are vibrant. Transfer to plate and cook remaining eggs with remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Remove pizzas from oven and top each with fried egg. Garnish with chives, salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings
Originally published as Canadian Bacon Brekfast Pizza Waffles in Jones Sausage 2017