Canadian Bacon and Cheese Savory Tarts
These savory breakfast tarts can be made ahead and reheated in a toaster oven.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 (17.3-oz) package puff pastry, thawed
- 1-2 tablespoons flour, for dusting
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups gouda cheese, shredded
- 3 oz Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, diced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lightly flour work surface, then take out sheets of puff pastry. Gently unfold puff pastry sheets and cut on fold lines, then cut again across the middle, perpendicular to your other cuts so that you have a total of 12 pieces of puff pastry. Transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Using a fork, poke holes roughly 1 inch from edge of each square, creating a rectangle inside of each (this will help keep the puff pastry from puffing up too much in the middle).
- In small bowl, mix together honey mustard and mayonnaise. Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of mixture inside rectangles on each piece of puff pastry. Then sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese and diced Canadian Bacon over that.
- In small bowl, whisk together egg and water. Brush over the edges of squares.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown, rotating sheets halfway through cook time.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheated in toaster oven.
Originally published as Canadian Bacon and Cheese Savory Tarts in Jones Dairy Farm
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.