Can’t-Be-Beet Roasted Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes and onions in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Place beets in pans (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- For dressing, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, vinegar, brown sugar, thyme, pepper and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 135 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Feb 4, 2015
Feb 24, 2013
colorful and tasty!
Aug 16, 2009
This was a fabulous and savory dish! Everyone in my family loved it, even the kids. It will definately be made again, as well as put into our favorite recipe section!
Jul 21, 2009
This is a great recipe and a different way of using beets that isn't too sugary. I will make it again!