Campfire S’mores Snack Mix
Two crowd-pleasers, party mix and s’mores, become a sensation when you combine them. No campfire necessary —you can make this version ahead of time. —Mindee Curtis, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Golden Grahams
- 1 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and almonds. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Whisk in baking soda until dissolved (mixture will foam). Stir in marshmallows. Cook 30-60 seconds longer or until marshmallows are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture; refrigerate until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 294 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Campfire Smores Chex Snack Mix in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015