Two crowd-pleasers, party mix and s’mores, become a sensation when you combine them. No campfire necessary —you can make this version ahead of time. —Mindee Curtis, Omaha, Nebraska
Recommended: 26 Favorite Camping Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Golden Grahams
- 1 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and almonds. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Whisk in baking soda until dissolved (mixture will foam). Stir in marshmallows. Cook 30-60 seconds longer or until marshmallows are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture; refrigerate until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Campfire S'mores Snack Mix in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p241