- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Place the potatoes and onion on a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20- in x 20-in.); dot with butter. Combine the cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes. Fold foil up around potatoes and add broth. Seal the edges of foil well. Grill, covered, over medium coals for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forCampfire Potatoes
"Very good.Will make again."
"These were amazing. Slicing potatoes very thin helps them get done in the time noted. I think I'd cut down on the butter a bit next time and maybe add a little cooked and crumbled bacon. I put the foil packet on the grill but off to the side of the flame and rotated occasionally. Will be making this many times this summer!"
"These potatoes were easy to make and were very tender and tasty. A great compliment to any grilled meat and no clean up:)"
"To me these are epic fail. Tried these last year and either I had to many in the package or the fire was not hot enough but one would think that after 30min on the grill they would be done. Not so they were still raw even after 45 minutes and I had to finish them off in the oven. Won't be having these again"
"I made these last night but I added frozen peas and cherry tomatoes. They were wonderful!."
"These were okay but I will probably just stick to my normal recipe next time. I have never used broth or any type of liquid in foil pack grilled potatoes before... All it seemed to do was turn the cheese into a watery mess."
"Delicious! This will have a repeat performance at our dinner table."
"My boys and hubby really enjoyed this and my hubby has never enjoyed the traditional "scalloped potatoes" type of preparation! Like another reviewer, I made individual foil packets (4) to bake in the oven set on a cookie sheet--around 375 degrees for about an hour. I sliced the potatoes no larger than 1/8 inch and they came out tender but not mushy. Good flavor mixture! I will be making these again and will also try the grill directions sometime as well."