My family loves eating s'mores around the campfire when we vacation at the lake. Campfire pancakes are my tribute to those happy times. —Cheryl Snavely, Hagerstown, Maryland
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) chocolate chip muffin mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, milk and egg; stir just until moistened. Fold in marshmallows and chips.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, microwave maple syrup and peanut butter in 10- to 20-second intervals until heated through. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 8 pancakes (1/4 cup syrup).
Originally published as Campfire Pancakes with Peanut Maple Syrup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p203