- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 envelope instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) blueberry pie filling
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag, optional
- Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 12-16 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine biscuit mix and oatmeal. Add butter; squeeze bag until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add milk; knead to form a soft dough. Spread into a greased ovenproof Dutch oven. Combine pie filling and apple juice; pour over dough.
- Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place Dutch oven directly on top of 6-8 of them. Using long-handled tongs, place 6-8 briquettes on pan cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift cover. If necessary, cook 5 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCampfire Cobbler
"It tasted too much like oatmeal and wasn't sweet at all. We made it while camping with my family and no one ate it. It all got thrown out. :("