- 6 skinless chicken breast halves (bone in)
- 6 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- 6 carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place each chicken breast in the center of a piece of foil. Divide carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and onion equally and place on top and around each piece of chicken. Top each with 1 tablespoon butter and about 2 tablespoons soup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring opposite long edges of foil together over the top of each breast and fold down several times. Fold the short ends toward the food and crimp tightly to prevent leaks. Grill, covered, over medium-low coals for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender. To serve, unwrap packets and spoon contents onto individual plates. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCampfire Casseroles
"This was a-mazing !!! It will definitely be a favorite. I didn't add mushrooms as i was out and i didn't have fresh onions so i sprinkled dried minced onions in along with Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning instead of the salt/pepper. The chicken literally melted in your mouth."
"This sounds like my girl scout days recipe, along with "sumores"! Great1"