- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables on three double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Top each with sausage, and dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil around each mixture; seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 30 minutes. Turn and grill until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes longer. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCampfire Bundles
"The whole camp crew loved this recipe. We were used to making a similar recipe with hamburgers, but the sausage and cabbage were nice changes. Also added mnced garlic. Love these because everyone can create their own meal just as they wish. SO TASTY!"
"Enjoyed this meal. easy to make and delicious. Liked that I can customize each packet. My husband prefers chicken over sausage so I used a chicken breast in his packet. I sprinkled on a bit of paprika and some minced garlic. Following a previous review I put it in the oven, since we have no grill."
"Made these last week, in the oven rather than on the grill. I had to leave the cabbage and tomatoes out of husband's packet because those will kill him (rolls eyes). I added a bit of garlic powder. They're great!"
"This recipe is Awesome!! The entire family loves it when we make it!"
"I didnt make on the grill. I followed all the directions then put in a 13x9 pan and cooked 350-425 for 60 mins or until cooked. I added 1/4 C water on the bottom of the pan. It was wonderful...amazing good"
"Didn't really care for this. I like veggies but there seemed to be too much. Also it took a lot of time to cut up everything. The peppers and sweet onion made it a little too sweet. I might try doing it again but adjusting the veggies to my taste, and adding some herbs."
"Fantastic! Can easily feed 4 adults with extra helpings. I also added flavor and left out tomato. Next time, I'll double the sausage and add even more veggies. So easy, no dishes and the taste is excellent. I made mac & cheese as a side dish and threw an extra bundle on the grill for dessert of apples, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Yummy!"
"Fantastic! Can easily feed 4 adults with extra helpings. I also added flavor and left out tomato. Next time, I'll double the sausage and add even more veggies. So easy, no dishes and the taste is excellent. I made mac & cheese as a side dish. Yummy!"
"Very tasty and no cleanup afterwords ! Even if you don't like cabbage, you'll like it in here. It just adds a nice sweet flavor. I didn't add the tomatoes. My in-laws inhaled it!"