Campers Favorite Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Tortilla chip scoops
- Prepare campfire or grill for medium-low heat. Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a 9-in. disposable foil pie pan. Top with chili; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place pan on a grill grate over a campfire or on grill until cheese is melted, 5-8 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with green onion. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 250 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 23, 2018
This looks delicious and I can imagine how it could be heated up in a pie tin at a camp site, but TOH didn't catch the error in the directions. The recipe suggests that the pie pan be placed in the microwave. Readers: DO NOT PLACE A PIE TIN IN THE MICROWAVE! The recipe was probably written assuming it was in a Pyrex dish to be used at home. At the camp site, I might double wrap the tin in foil and set the pan on the outer perimeter of a campfire, turning it occasionally for 15-20 minutes until cheese melts and dip is heated..