Calzone Pinwheels Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first nine ingredients.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough and separate into four rectangles; press perforations to seal. Spread rectangles with cheese mixture to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- 3. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into four slices; place on a greased baking sheet, cut side down. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 appetizer: 118 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Calzone Pinwheels
"easy to make; easier if I place the rolls in the freezer for 20 minutes before cutting; they turn out beautifully. I added olives for my family."
"I have not made these but want to comment on the way TOH presents their recipes for printing always requiring 2 sheets of paper because of layout. print "directions" to the left of "ingredients"
"These are easy to make and great for a Sunday afternoon of watching football! This is a cross of pizza and lasagne with the addition of the ricotta cheese.Family friendly recipe! Very good!"
"These were pretty good. The sauce made them taste better. I left out the mushrooms."
"Good but needed more flsvor. I'd up the seasoning but would make again."
"These were very easy to make and very yummy! I omitted the peppers and mushrooms and switched out the pepperoni for some kolbassa I had on hand. I took them to a party and they were a real hit! Will definitely make them again."
"We love these. I make them every Christmas eve. I leave out the pepperoni and add more mushrooms and green pepper instead."
"These were just OK. Was disappointed in the lack of flavor."
"It sounds so good also the combo with the sauce will make it a winner."
"Such a fun and delicious appetizer! Party goers always enjoy these bites and they go together in no time!!! You can serve them with marinara sauce instead of pizza sauce."