Calypso Snack Mix
Get your party on with this tempting snack mix. While it’s a definite treat for the kids, it’s also the perfect afternoon pick-me-up for adults. —Beth Royals, Richmond, VA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup Corn Chex
- 1 cup Rice Chex
- 5 tablespoons flaked coconut, divided
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 cups Golden Grahams
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried tropical fruit
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the Chex cereals and 2 tablespoons coconut; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Pour over Chex mixture and toss to coat. Immediately spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate until set, about 5 minutes.
- In another large bowl, combine the Golden Grahams, pretzels, fruit, nuts, Chex mixture and remaining coconut. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 273 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.