Calypso Pork 'n' Garbanzos Recipe
Cutting onion and sweet pepper in two different ways to combine in two different dishes is one secret to speedy prep time, reports Ellen Burr of Los Angeles, California. “I can prepare both an entree and a tasty vegetable side in little time, with little effort,“ she says. TIP: To round out the meal, serve over rice or with crusty bread.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place the pork in a large bowl; sprinkle with chili powder. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. In a large skillet, brown pork in remaining oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute red pepper and onion for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the beans, salsa, salt and pork; cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 362 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1073mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Calypso Pork 'n' Garbanzos
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC