Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the zucchini, carrots and onion in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the beans, corn, salsa, taco seasoning and cumin. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and cilantro. Spoon about 2/3 cupful filling off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 349 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 16g protein.
Jan 4, 2018
This should have been a vegetarian's dream recipe, but something about it just didn't work for me--maybe the cumin. Not sure how I'm going to fix up all the leftovers so I don't end up wasting a lot of food.
Jul 14, 2013
Great taste, added some tofutti
Dec 31, 2011
wasn't really good as a wrap, a little sloppy
May 1, 2011
I wasnt impressed the first time I made these because I thought they were a little bland, but I added more taco seasoning and salsa the next time as well as made them into tacos rather than burritos. They were REALLY good after adding just a little more seasoning. I like to garnish with a little sour cream. VERY VERY GOOD.
Jul 14, 2010
These were delicious! I will be making these burritos over and over again because they are so good for you...only 7 points on weightwatchers!
Apr 27, 2010
These were very good. I used cheddar rather than mozzarella and my whole family enjoyed them. We didn't miss the meat at all!
Apr 20, 2010
I enjoyed this very much. We've been having one vegetarian day each week and this definitely worked for it.
Oct 23, 2009
These were delicious! I didn't have any carrots or zucchini but used everything else. They were excellent! DH, who is usually a meat and potatoes kind of guy, said they tasted so good, and you couldn't even tell there wasn't any meat in them, and gobbled down 3 of these! Definately will make them again!
Sep 24, 2009