Calla Lily Tea Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 18 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 18 pieces (1 inch each) julienned carrot
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; stir in chicken and celery; set aside. With a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Spread with butter. Roll up into a funnel shape, overlapping the two adjacent sides; secure with a toothpick.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon chicken filling into each sandwich. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove toothpicks. Sprinkle sandwiches with parsley. Insert a carrot piece into the filling of each sandwich.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 108 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 1, 2009
It is easier to make a Calla Lily shape if you cut the bread slices into triangles instead of a square. Overlap the two points from the long side and you will have a wrapped shape with a point just like a Calla Lily.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.