Calla Lily Tea Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 18 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 18 pieces (1 inch each) julienned carrot
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; stir in chicken and celery; set aside. With a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Spread with butter. Roll up into a funnel shape, overlapping the two adjacent sides; secure with a toothpick.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon chicken filling into each sandwich. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove toothpicks. Sprinkle sandwiches with parsley. Insert a carrot piece into the filling of each sandwich.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 108 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2009
It is easier to make a Calla Lily shape if you cut the bread slices into triangles instead of a square. Overlap the two points from the long side and you will have a wrapped shape with a point just like a Calla Lily.