Little ones will roar with joy when you present these kings of the jungle. They're simple to make, too. The kids can help. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: 42 Desserts That Are Just Too Cute
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange food coloring
- 24 yellow cupcakes baked in orange foil liners
- Orange Fruit Gems
- Black decorating icing
- Blue and brown M&M's miniature baking bits
- Orange, red and yellow Dots candy, cut into quarters
- Tint frosting orange; frost cupcakes. Place a fruit gem on cupcake for face.
- Using the black decorator icing, add miniature M&Ms for eyes and nose. Pipe a few dots for whiskers and pipe mouth.
- For the mane, arrange Dot quarters, rounded side facing up, around the outer edge. Add cheerio ears. Yield: 24 cupcakes.
Originally published as Call me Leo Cupcakes in Fun Food 2011 2011, p8