Here’s a healthy and delicious warm punch that’s a cozy way to welcome family and friends in from the cold or just celebrate the season. Serve in small cups, as it tastes best when piping hot! —Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 24 whole cloves
- 1 large navel orange, cut into six wedges
- 4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 16 maraschino cherries
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Insert four cloves into each orange wedge. In a Dutch oven, combine the orange juice, apple juice and cranberry juice. Add orange wedges, cherries and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 101 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as California Wassail in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.