California Tossed Salad
Even though I'm retired, I'm busier than ever! Served with crusty French bread, this speedy salad is a meal in itself.—Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups torn romaine
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add romaine and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 194 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as California Supper Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Jan 1, 2014
An easy to put together salad. I find the artichoke marinade a bit bland and would add some dried herbs, minced garlic, and maybe a little bit of dijon mustard for extra flavor.