- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and well drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add quinoa and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until quinoa is lightly browned. Stir in zucchini and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCalifornia Quinoa
"Haven't tried as yet, but I will not cook the zucchini with the quinoa but will add with rest of ingred. It is chopped and won't take long to heat- after all, zucchini is great when it is not overcooked and even a little crisp."
"Sorry not a fan! As noted below there is not much taste to this dish and by the time the Quinoa cooked the zucchini was mush. Won't be making this again. Too bad!"
"This was pretty good, but I think it would be better as a cold salad rather than a warm side dish... If I make it again, I would add some red onion or scallions and some type of vinaigrette. My daughter really seemed to enjoy it, but something just wasn't quite right for me."
"Oh wow, was this one a fabulous surprise...family loved it! Only change was to add a little minced onion and carrots with the garlic."