- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces Havarti cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed and patted dry
- 1 medium plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper until blended. Stir in cheeses and vegetables.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Top with tomato slices. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; spread over both sides of each slice of bread. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with quiche.