- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces Havarti cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed and patted dry
- 1 medium plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper until blended. Stir in cheeses and vegetables.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Top with tomato slices. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; spread over both sides of each slice of bread. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with quiche.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 419 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
- Nov 30, 2012
I've made this quiche for both family and overnight company. It was a hit both times.
- Jul 26, 2012
I didn't have any Havarti cheese so used shredded Cheddar instead. I didn't want to have to deal with large pieces of broccoli and cauliflower, so I chopped the thawed vegetables a bit before proceeding with the recipe. I actually doubled the recipe and made two of these quiches and gave one away. A wonderful crustless quiche recipe and one I am likely to make again and again!
- Sep 14, 2011
This is my favorite crustless Quiche recipe. Easy to make and very delicious. The cream cheese and havarti cheese make it, great blend of flavors.
- Jan 29, 2009
California Blend vegetables are a mixture of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.
- Jan 10, 2009
I've made this twice now using vegetables I've had on hand and we really like it. What, however, are California-blend vegetables? Thanks