Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces Havarti cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed and patted dry
- 1 medium plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper until blended. Stir in cheeses and vegetables.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Top with tomato slices. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; spread over both sides of each slice of bread. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with quiche.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 419 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Nov 30, 2012
I've made this quiche for both family and overnight company. It was a hit both times.
Jul 26, 2012
I didn't have any Havarti cheese so used shredded Cheddar instead. I didn't want to have to deal with large pieces of broccoli and cauliflower, so I chopped the thawed vegetables a bit before proceeding with the recipe. I actually doubled the recipe and made two of these quiches and gave one away. A wonderful crustless quiche recipe and one I am likely to make again and again!
Sep 14, 2011
This is my favorite crustless Quiche recipe. Easy to make and very delicious. The cream cheese and havarti cheese make it, great blend of flavors.
Jan 29, 2009
California Blend vegetables are a mixture of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.
Jan 10, 2009
I've made this twice now using vegetables I've had on hand and we really like it. What, however, are California-blend vegetables? Thanks