California Potato Salad
I clipped this recipe from the newspaper years ago and it had been a family favorite ever since. California grows many avocados, and this is my favorite way to use them.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and diced
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- Additional parsley
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, salt, pepper, caraway seeds, lemon juice and parsley; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the avocados, potatoes, onion and half of the bacon. Add sour cream mixture and toss lightly to coat.
- Transfer salad to a large serving bowl. Arrange tomato wedges around outer edge; sprinkle with parsley and remaining bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 231 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as California Potato Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.