Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with onion mixture, oregano, garlic powder, tomato and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each pizza into four wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 245 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 14, 2011
Delicious using fresh tomatoes out of my garden!!! Will definitely make again.
Jul 16, 2011
These taste so much like Taco Bell's "Meximelts" - who knew I could make them at home in a healthy version! Next time I plan on adding a little cilantro.
Jan 20, 2011
This is a great, healthy quick meal.
Feb 14, 2009
Great with fresh red peppers instead of green.
Oct 14, 2008
We don't only use mozzarella but also other cheeses.
Oct 13, 2008
We do a similar pizza, only we make the tortillas crisp in the oven first, then put on toppings of sauted onion and green pepper, mushroom, sliced avacado, grated cheese, and place in the oven. We melt the cheese and remove from the oven. Top with fresh tomatoes or salsa.Very delicious!
Oct 10, 2008
My variation is.... I brush the flour tortillas with melted garlic butter and top with cooked chicken, tomato, onion, green pepper & mozzarella. Yum!
Oct 9, 2008
Gee, I've made these for years and didn't know they had a name. I also use cut-up cooked white-meat chicken and some thinly sliced fresh mushrooms and sauteed with the other vegetables. I used to make them for my sons when they were still in school. They actually liked them!MaryEST