- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with onion mixture, oregano, garlic powder, tomato and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each pizza into four wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCalifornia Pizzas
"Delicious using fresh tomatoes out of my garden!!! Will definitely make again."
"These taste so much like Taco Bell's "Meximelts" - who knew I could make them at home in a healthy version! Next time I plan on adding a little cilantro."
"Great with fresh red peppers instead of green."
"We don't only use mozzarella but also other cheeses."
"We do a similar pizza, only we make the tortillas crisp in the oven first, then put on toppings of sauted onion and green pepper, mushroom, sliced avacado, grated cheese, and place in the oven. We melt the cheese and remove from the oven. Top with fresh tomatoes or salsa.Very delicious!"
"My variation is.... I brush the flour tortillas with melted garlic butter and top with cooked chicken, tomato, onion, green pepper & mozzarella. Yum!"
"Gee, I've made these for years and didn't know they had a name. I also use cut-up cooked white-meat chicken and some thinly sliced fresh mushrooms and sauteed with the other vegetables. I used to make them for my sons when they were still in school. They actually liked them!MaryEST"