I found it very difficult to get children (and even my "big kid") to eat carrots. By adding an orange and serving carrots crisp-tender, I have found that my family is very receptive to this vegetable dish.
Recommended: Our Most Delicious Carrot Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and slice 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion, optional
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in salted water until crisp-tender. Drain. Return carrots to pan and add orange peel, butter and orange pieces, and onion if desired. Heat through. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as California Orange Carrots in Country August/September 1991, p51