California Orange Carrots
I found it very difficult to get children (and even my "big kid") to eat carrots. By adding an orange and serving carrots crisp-tender, I have found that my family is very receptive to this vegetable dish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a large saucepan, cook carrots in water with salt until crisp-tender; drain. Return to pan; add the remaining ingredients. Heat through.