My aunt gave me this recipe years ago. When my boys were young, they weren't very fond of beef, but this was a sure way to entice them to eat.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 large fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add beef to the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once.
Originally published as California Kabobs in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.