California Harvest Salad
This delicious recipe has an interesting combination of shrimp, fruit, noodles, onions and walnuts. People can't seem to stop eating this unique salad.—Clara and Don Laub, Fresno, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 cups leaf lettuce
- 1 pound seedless green grapes
- 1 pound seedless red grapes
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts or sunflower kernels
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, grapes and shrimp. Break ramen noodles into small pieces (save the seasoning packet for another use); add to salad with the chow mein noodles, raisins, onions and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 125 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as California Harvest Salad in Country Woman July/August 1997