You can use your favorite store-bought pizza dough or make your own for this West Coast-inspired pie topped with tomato, avocado and sprouts. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Pizza Recipes Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 portion (1 lb.) Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups shredded romaine
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- Coat a 12-in. pizza pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan; build up edges slightly. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place romaine in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and 2 teaspoons cilantro. Pour over romaine; toss to coat. Arrange over warm pizza. Top with sprouts, tomato, avocado and remaining cilantro. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as California Club Pizza in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p29
Reviews forCalifornia Club Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2012
"Great blend of flavors! My vegetable-phobic husband liked it as did two out of three children. It really tastes like a toasted BLT open face."