You can use your favorite store-bought pizza dough or make your own for this West Coast-inspired pie topped with tomato, avocado and sprouts. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 portion (1 lb.) Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups shredded romaine
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- Coat a 12-in. pizza pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan; build up edges slightly. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place romaine in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and 2 teaspoons cilantro. Pour over romaine; toss to coat. Arrange over warm pizza. Top with sprouts, tomato, avocado and remaining cilantro. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as California Club Pizza in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for California Club Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review