- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut-up
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon flour, salt, paprika and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat; brown chicken on all sides. Remove chicken to a large baking dish.
- 2. Melt remaining butter in the same skillet; saute mushrooms until tender. Sprinkle remaining flour over mushrooms; cook and stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth and sherry. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Arrange artichoke hearts over chicken and top with mushroom sauce. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
Jan 23, 2016
This is a favorite in our house. We use smoked paprika which makes it even better, if that's possible!
Oct 29, 2011
I thought this was great
Sep 22, 2010
Easy to cook and the mushrooms give a nice rich and savory flavor to the sauce. I used self rising flour which made the crust on the chicken a bit crispier.