California Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 14 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, apple, grapes, pineapple, oranges, celery and cooked pasta. Chill until serving.
- Spoon 1/2 cup onto each lettuce leaf.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup chicken salad: 127 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Aug 28, 2016
Nice salad for lunch. I used the pasta that I had on hand. Cut the recipe down. Enjoying my lunch.
May 13, 2016
Really liked this. Great idea for a little ght summer meal.
May 21, 2015
Recipe sounds good but the serving size is deceptive. If this is a main dish salad you would put more than 1/2 cup on a piece of lettuce. I think a full cup would be more likely so the calorie count would be double. Look at the picture....
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.