California Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 14 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, apple, grapes, pineapple, oranges, celery and cooked pasta. Chill until serving.
- Spoon 1/2 cup onto each lettuce leaf.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup chicken salad: 127 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Aug 28, 2016
Nice salad for lunch. I used the pasta that I had on hand. Cut the recipe down. Enjoying my lunch.
May 13, 2016
Really liked this. Great idea for a little ght summer meal.
May 21, 2015
Recipe sounds good but the serving size is deceptive. If this is a main dish salad you would put more than 1/2 cup on a piece of lettuce. I think a full cup would be more likely so the calorie count would be double. Look at the picture....