- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) chopped pimiento, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounce wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef with green pepper and onion until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender; drain. Add next 11 ingredients; mix thoroughly. Add noodles; mix well. Pour into a Dutch oven or large baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forCalifornia Casserole
"My family loved this! Reminded my husband of a casserole his Mom use to make, so he really enjoyed it!"
"My grandmother has made this recipe for several years and we love it! It's always a hit with company too!"
"I made just a minor change by using shredded mozzerella rather than the cheddar. I also used fresh mushrooms and cooked them with the hamburger green pepper, onion mixture.My family thought it a hit and would like it again."
"this recipe was okay i will make again but its not one the family gets excited about"
"My family and I didn't care for this casserole. We ate it, but I won't make it again."