- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 cups baby kale salad blend
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (1/2 inch)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, mix milk, oats and seasonings. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place burgers on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes per side. Serve over salad blend, along with remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCalifornia Burger Bowls
"Leave it to Californian's to not know what a burger is by the way those grill marks contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer no joke"
"If you like traditional beef burgers this doesn't even come close. I'm a native Californian and I wouldn't associate this with my home state by calling it a burger in any form."
"That's not a burger it's meat loaf"
"Left out the oatmeal and milk to make it grain-free. My family absolutely loved these!"
"My husband was skeptical about fruit with his hamburger, but these were a big hit! I forgot the chipotle mayonnaise so I mixed some chipotle chili powder into light ranch dressing and it was also delicious."