- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 cups baby kale salad blend
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (1/2 inch)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, mix milk, oats and seasonings. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place burgers on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes per side. Serve over salad blend, along with remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCalifornia Burger Bowls
"My husband was skeptical about fruit with his hamburger, but these were a big hit! I forgot the chipotle mayonnaise so I mixed some chipotle chili powder into light ranch dressing and it was also delicious."