From her home in Magalia, California, Mary Vosika dishes out this spicy avocado blend. "The salsa's festive green and red colors bring a bit of cheer to any get-together," she writes.
Recommended: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Serve immediately with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as California Avocado Salsa in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p22
Reviews forCalifornia Avocado Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2012
"Simple and fresh. The red pepper adds a crispness that tomatoes alone can't deliver."