California Avocado Salsa
From her home in Magalia, California, Mary Vosika dishes out this spicy avocado blend. "The salsa's festive green and red colors bring a bit of cheer to any get-together," she writes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Serve immediately with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as California Avocado Salsa in Quick Cooking May/June 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.