This recipe has been in our family for years. We always appreciate this wonderful, eye-catching salad because it's so easy to prepare and delicious to eat.
Recommended: Four Foolproof Memorial Day Menus
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut tomatoes, zucchini and yellow pepper into 1/2-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; hake well. Pour over vegetables and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: about 8 servings.
Originally published as Calico Tomato Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p65