- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set, pushing cooked portions toward the center and letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCalico Pepper Frittata
"I just used eggs with no egg substitute. Also added some cheddar cheese to flavor it up. While I love colored peppers, budget won't allow it, so I just used green peppers. The only time I purchase colored peppers is when I can catch them on sale. They would be good in this dish."
"Good flavour for this frittata. Next time I would use all eggs and no egg substitute. I found it took much longer than stated however."