- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set, pushing cooked portions toward the center and letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCalico Pepper Frittata
"I made it in a 10" skillet, and used red, orange and yellow bell peppers, no green. Came together quickly and reheated great!"
"I just used eggs with no egg substitute. Also added some cheddar cheese to flavor it up. While I love colored peppers, budget won't allow it, so I just used green peppers. The only time I purchase colored peppers is when I can catch them on sale. They would be good in this dish."
"Good flavour for this frittata. Next time I would use all eggs and no egg substitute. I found it took much longer than stated however."