Total TimePrep: 15 min., CooK: 25 min.
Makes8-10 servings (10 cups)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup diced zucchini, optional
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, green pepper, onion, celery and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened and heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 229 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 16g protein.
Oct 5, 2010
Fantastic recipe that I make at the beginning of every Fall season. Even though it does contain chili powder, to me it is more like a soup or stew. The zucchini really adds great flavor and it does freeze well. You could add a side of French bread, but the stew itself is very filling.
Nov 5, 2008
different has corn rice and zuc
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.